There is never a more anticipated release than one from Iron Maiden, the greatest band in the history of time. Anytime they come out with a DVD or an album it’s a first day buy. This time around we get an extra awesome package, DVD, and album thanks to the good people at Universal Music Enterprises. First off let’s hit the DVD; we get a documentary that was made about the band on tour, quite the awesome documentary that any fan of the band should enjoy. I wish I could have seen it when it hit theaters but it was not showing anywhere close. Also on the DVD features a concert of the tour, a fucking awesome bonus. With some versions of the DVD yet another extra was thrown in, a tour book, it’s something of a diary during the tour by Bruce Dickinson, pretty good read.
Over on the side of the album, which is available in CD format and also as a double LP picture disc, we’ve got basically a live album. This isn’t just a straight concert however, here we get the full tour experience, and each track is taken from a different show so chances are if you saw the band on the tour, you’re on the DVD.
The video and audio quality for everything is, as always, excellent. I don’t think there’s any need to say there’s no reason not to own this, in every form. If you don’t have this already you have two options. You can go online and order it, or you can get up from in front of the computer and go buy it, the choice is yours.
1. Churchill’s Speech (Mumbi, India, Palace Grounds; Feb 1, 2008)
2. Aces High (Mumbi, India, Palace Grounds; Feb 1, 2008)
3. 2 Minutes To Midnight (Melbourne, Australia, Rod Laver Arena; Feb 7, 2008)
4. Revelations (Syndey, Australia, Acer Arena; Feb 9, 2008)
5. The Trooper (Tokyo, Japan, Tokyo Messe Hall; Feb 16, 2008)
6. Wasted Years (Monterrey, Mexico, Arena Monterrey; Feb 22, 2008)
7. The Number Of The Beast (Los Angeles, USA, The Forum; Feb 19, 2008)
8. Can I Play With Madness (Mexico City, Mexico, Foro Sol Stadium; Feb 24, 2008)
9. Rime Of The Ancient Mariner (New Jersey, USA, Izod Center; Mar 14, 2008)
10. Powerslave (San Jose, Costa Rica, Saprissa Stadium; Feb 26, 2008)
11. Heaven Can Wait (Sao Paulo, Brazil, Palmeiras Stadium; Mar 2, 2008)
12. Run To The Hills (Bogota, Columbia, Simon Bolivar; Feb 28, 2008)
13. Fear Of The Dark (Buenos Aires, Argentina, Ferrocaril Oeste Stadium; Mar 7, 2008)
14. Iron Maiden (Santiago, Chile, Pista Atletica; Mar 9, 2008)
15. Moonchild (San Juan, Puerto Rico, Coliseo De Puerto Rico; Mar 12, 2008)
16. The Clairvoyant (Curitiba, Brazil, Pedreira Paulo Leminski; Mar 4, 2008)
17. Hallowed Be Thy Name (Toronto, Canada, Air Canada Centre; Mar 16, 2008)